Quality FD-Computers - Intel 14" Ultrabook LINUX i5-1240P 12th gen - 11h30 battery
ENGLISH VERSION / VOOR NEDERLANDS KLIK JUIST BOVEN ONS LOGO (links boven) OP "LANGUAGE"
Intel 14" Linux laptop i7:Intel 14" Linux Ultrabook ALU-Look laptop I5-1135G7:
- Intel i5-1240P quad-core 12th generation CPU
- 14" FULL-HD IPS widescreem
- 8 Gb Kingston ram memory
- Ultra-fast 500 Gb NVMe PCI Express 3.0 M.2 SSD Solid State Card
- Intel Iris XE grafic card
- Wifi-6 AX200, bluetooth 5.1, Lan
- Build-in webcam and mic
- Keyboard with backlight
- 324.9mm (B) x 225mm (D) x 17,6mm (H) - 1.50 KG
- Batterytime: +/- 11h30
Do you want a small laptop, but also not too small, this is the ideal laptop for you. Because the edges of this laptop are much smaller, there is a 14 inch Full-HD screen in this laptop, but the laptop is of the same size as a 13 inch laptop.
Super quality, very good service and warranty. This laptops are 100% compatible with Linux. You have allways access in to the BIOS or EUFI (also afterwards) to change the boot or startup settings. On other brands is this very difficult because they are completely protected by, among other things, Secure Boot (which cannot be disabled).
this range of laptops you have 2 choices for the UEFI/bios (UEFI or
bios is the basic boot system of a computer or laptop, even before Linux
or Windows starts):
- The standard UEFI
- Open source firmware: Coreboot
With coreboot the laptop starts as fast as an unmodified uefi/bios.
Coreboot strives for minimalism: it only contains the necessary functionality to start up quickly. The open source coreboot firmware is an alternative to the outdated BIOS and the more modern UEFI, both of which are closed source. The advantage is that coreboot is completely open source and 'would' boot faster (video about the startup time). The disadvantage of coreboot is that this is a firmware that is not made and/or supported by the manufacturer itself. For security reasons, it is not always recommended to choose an open source firmware. A normal EUFI is completely tailor-made for the device by the manufacturer itself and also fully supported by the manufacturer itself. Sometimes errors can occur with a coreboot system that are not found with EUFI. Our laptops come standard with an EUFI where the secureboot can be completely disabled and starts just as quickly like a coreboot system.
These laptops can be delivered with*:
- Linux Mint: Look and feel like Windows
- Ubuntu: Look and feel like Windows 8
- Elementary OS: Look and feel like Apple MacOS
- Zorin OS: Look and feel like Windows
- Debian: very stable Linux version but not so innovative
- Kubuntu: Ubuntu KDE Plasma as standard working environment
both in the Leap (normal version) and in the Tubleweed version (rolling
version, each time automatically updated to the latest version)
- Fedora: community version of the paying Red Hat Linux system
- Manjaro: a fully rolling version (always automatically updated to the latest version) based on Arch-Linux
- Deepin: Look and feel like MacOS
- Or with a other Linux distro, as you wish
* For all Ubuntu-based Linux versions (Linux Mint, Ubuntu, Elementary OS, Zorin OS, Kubuntu) many additional software packages are installed by us for free. In the other version, Linux is simply installed as standard.
But which version (Linux distribution / distro) should I choose?
Actually, the choice is very simple: 90% of our sales are with Linux Mint or Ubuntu. The customers who come over from Windows choose Linux Mint best. Ubuntu is then most chosen by customers who have worked with Linux before or who are used to working with Ubuntu Linux (45% choose Linux Mint and 45% choose Ubuntu). Elemenatary OS is usually chosen by customers coming over from Apple. The rest of the versions are almost never chosen and it is usually customers who choose that particular distribution out of their own conviction.
More information about Linux can be found at: http://www.linuxcomputers.be/linux.html
- Only Linux
- Only Windows
- Dual-boot: you can choose for Linux or Windows on the start up (VIDEO)
- Dual-boot: Linux and Tails (high privacy Linux) live Linux system
- Dual-boot: Linux + another Linux distribution
- Hybride or Virtual system: in Linux you can start up Windows in a separate window to work with Windows on a virtual system (VIDEO)
- These laptops are assembled in our shop: we place the memory, hard drive or SSD (Solid State Drive), processor and install Linux.
- We only work with solid brands for memory, SSD/hard drive, …
- All laptops are custom made and/or customized as desired
- The outstanding service starts immediately after the purchase of your new system. If desired, we will transfer all your documents, e-mails, pictures, etc. FOR FREE form your old computer/laptop to your new laptop (we need your old computer or laptop in the store for that. You can bring it in or send it to us).
- We make your laptop directly start ready, and with start ready we mean too start ready make (no OEM installation where you must do a lot of things afterwards): we install Linux and several free tools extra that can be very useful for you.
- When you have recieved your computer or laptop (and connected to the internet) we can (if you want) install your printer or other peripherals. We do this with Teamviewer as free extra service!
- Free support by phone +32(0)51/77.14.06 (only english and dutch)
- Free support by e-mail
- Support in the store self: FD-Computers – Engelstraat 26 – 8480 Ichtegem (Belgium)
- Remote support with Teamviewer for minor problems
- LibreOffice: a full texteditor with own version of Word and Excel
- Mozilla Firefox: a internet browser like Microsoft Edge on Windows or Safari on Apple mac.
- Google Chromium: a internet browser like Google Chrome but then in a open source version
- The usual tools that you need for several websites (for example: youtube) and for opening PDF documents
- VLC player: a videoplayer that plays every videofile
- Mozilla Thunderbird: an outstanding e-mail client
- Extra fonts like in Windows
- Eid-viewer (only installed for Belgium clients)
- Skype and Zoom: videocalls with internet
- Gimp: a advanced foto-editor program like Adobe Photoshop and a other simply foto-editor for smaller edits.
- Darktable: a RAW foto-editor
- Spotify: online musicstreaming
- Tor-browser: anonymous browser for the internet
- Microsoft Office Online Apps: online version of Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook, etc.
- Microsoft Teams: meetings or online lessons
- Brave Browser: secure, fast and private webbrowsing
- Would you like other programs? This is certainly possible, report it to us in the comments, we will install your desired programs.
- OEM installation: if you opt for an OEM installation, you will be asked for your desired username and password during the first start-up. This is only possible with some Linux versions such as Ubuntu and Ubuntu derivatives. If you do not opt for an OEM installation, we will create a username and password for you that can always be changed afterwards if you wish.
FD-Computers – Intel laptops, the best and fastest service on the market!
You think mayby: “a computers is just a computer!” you are right! But something can be a effort to think deeper about it. Because what is more annoying than two, three or even waiting months on your laptop when it’s defective? Just at that point are these FD-Computers-Intel laptops much better than the others. In case of a defect, your laptop will in most cases even be repaired within 24 hours of arrival! With the purchase of a FD-Computers-Intel laptop you choose for confidence or security. In addition to design and performance, we offer you the best and fastest service :
- 2 years warranty
- These laptops can by made
custimized (bigger hard drive, more or less memory, …)
- On defective the laptop can be in the most cases repaired by
FD-Computers itself. We (FD-Computers) has the right to open the laptop
without the warranty being voided. In the case we could not repair it
for you, whe send the laptop to the manufacturer.
- In the case of a defect outside the warranty, we can still repair your laptop.
Wish you this laptop of computer with Windows? It’s possible, we sell these also with Windows or Dual-boot (Linux and Windows).
FREE DELIVERY ALL OVER THE EUROPEAN UNION:
Belgium, Bulgaria, South Cyprus, Denmark, Germany, Estonia, Finland, France, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Croatia, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Austria, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovenia, Slovakia, Spain, Czech Republic, United Kingdom
Other European countries outside the EU, such as Switzerland and Norway: transport costs 50 euros.
World wide delivery 65 euros.
Total Cores 12
# of Performance-cores 4
# of Efficient-cores 8
Total Threads 16
Max Turbo Frequency 4.40 GHz
Performance-core Max Turbo Frequency 4.40 GHz
Efficient-core Max Turbo Frequency 3.30 GHz
Cache 12 MB Intel® Smart Cache
Processor Base Power 28 W
Maximum Turbo Power 64 W
Minimum Assured Power 20 W
• 14.0” FHD (1920x1080) 16:9 panel, 2.4mm
• Dual channel DDR4, Two 260 pins SODIMM sockets, Expandable memory up to 64GB
• Intel® UHD Graphics (TBC)
- Dynamic frequency
- Intel Dynamic Video Memory Technology
- Microsoft DirectX® 12 compatible
• One M.2 2280 SSD, PCIe Gen4x4 interface Kingston A2000 NVMe SSD Card 500 Gb
• High Definition Audio
• Built in array microphone
• Built in two speakers
• Sound Blaster™ Cinema 6
Keyboard and Pointing Device
• Multi languages A4 size isolated keyboard
• 1 x Thunderbolt™ 4 combo port with Power Delivery DC in (Type C)
• 1 x USB 3.2 Gen 2 ports (Type C)
• 2 x USB 3.2 Gen 1 port (Type A)
• 1 x HDMI™ output port (with HDCP)
• 1 x 2-in-1 Audio Jack (Headphone / Microphone)
• 1 x RJ-45 LAN port
• 1 x DC-in jack
• SD Card reader
• Built in 10/100/1000Mb Base-TX Ethernet LAN
• Intel® Dual Band Wi-Fi 6 AX201 2x2 AX + BT CNVi M.2 2230 (Harrison Peak 2)
• 1.0M HD video camera
• Full Range AC adapter, AC in 100~240V, 50~60Hz, DC output 19V, 4.74A, 90W
• Embedded 4 cells Smart Lithium-Ion battery pack, 49WH
• Battery life : 700 minutes (UMA mode with 49WH battery)
• Security (Kensington® Type) Lock Slot
• Intel® PTT for system without Hardware TPM
•324.9 (W) x 225 (D) x 17.6 (H) mm
• 1.5 kg, Including Barebone and 49WH Battery
- Product Code: Intel-ultrabook-14-I5-12th-linux
- Availability: 1 to 2 weeks
- Ex Tax: 876.03€